Search This Blog

Friday 26 October 2012

Growth and Process: Deconstrusted

Since my post,  Hand Colouring, Stitching, Deconstruction, New Plates,  where I had newly etched 8 new zinc plates, I have been experimenting with them and finding out what exciting range of prints they can offer. Here are some snaps of what has been achieved so far.

A selection of single plate prints



180 Degree flip over printing with a spot of colour. I'm liking the 'decayed' versus 'growth' battle going on in this one.

I played around with very thin, fine layers of soft, heathery coloured inks. The relief etching/off-set prints are fairly quick to achieve so it meant I could try lots of possible outcomes, messing around with overlaying multiple plates and transparencies. Here is one of my favourites.




And then trying vice-verse chine-colle and a touch of good fun to create this colourful diptych.


No comments:

Post a Comment